- Before standing up for prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you’re pressed by hunger, eat first, if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself, if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.
- Perform your wudu’ (ablution) well, paying due care and attention.
- Approach the prayer with zest and passion as if it is the last prayer in your life before dying. Actually the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that we could do nothing in this world that could ever surpass prayer in merit and excellence.
- Visualise that in your prayer you are going to have a special audience with Allah, Lord of the world, and that you are enjoying a direct communion with Allah which in fact, is true.
- Think of the prayer you are performing as if it were the last prayer of your life. In fact, it could very well be the last one, since no one is given a guarantee that he would live to perform another prayer.
- Picture the scene of the last day when people will be lined up into two groups, one destined for heaven, and another for hell. And ask yourself where you would be placed.
- Focus your mind on what you are reading in your prayer and recite simple surah that you understand its meaning and ponder on the meaning while you recite.
- If, in spite of your best efforts, your mind is still wondering, seek refuge in Allah and bring your mind back to prayer.
- Pray to Allah and beg HIM to grant you the true joy of concentrating in your prayer and protection against the wanderings of your mind.
- Place your eyesight to the spot where you will be making your sujood while you recite and avoid taking your eyes from that spot.
May Allah protect us from the strikes of shaytan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.
Ameen Masha Allah thanks
Mash’Allah Jazak Allahu Kharun, Ameen
Hi brother @Alpaskari
Jazakallah khayrun for your post and advice
It’s great advice. May Allah make it easy for us. Ameen.
Amin and you too sister
Jazakallah khayrun brother