Can women work in Islam? Ramadan 18 question

Do Muslim women have to stay at home or can they work like the men? @Eemaan @Gafz @Susu @moderators @Ruqsta @Razisulaiman and others

1 Like

JazakAllahu Khairun for the question. I’m just guessing now. I think men are supposed to work and their wife stay at home

Salaam

2 Likes

I don’t think they have to stay at home. They can work outside of the house provided they work somewhere that is suitable for them.
However, I think it is better for them to stay at home as this is the best place to keep away from trials and harm. Also there are many opportunities to work at home now so she can still maintain a business and be in the best environment for them.

3 Likes

Yes, I think the women can work if they want. But it is good to stay home and let the men work.

1 Like

I don’t know a Fiqhi answer but going by Khadijah (ra) she was a business women. There was also a famous market inspector during the time of Umar (ra) she was employed by the state.
As far as I know the primary role of the women is to be the homemaker and she can work as long as that doesn’t hinder the family side of things. And by the way all the money she earns is hers to keep while any money the husband earns the wife has a right over it! And Allah knows best.

3 Likes

You all said it all
:point_up: