Dawah training course including module 1 and Q&A

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I pray that all are well, in shaa Allah

I have joined a Dawah course, ma’shaa’Allah, and would like to share on here what I have learned in the hope that brothers and sisters will also benefit from this information, in shaa Allah. However, I have had to adjust it slightly as I am unable to share the videos this course has posted due to copyright and no share button being given on it. So any video on here is from off YouTube instead (thus varies to the course videos but is just on a similar topic, and where possible, by sheikhs) and any writing is either in my own words or from The Qu’ran or sunnah.

Online Mini Dawah Training Course -GORAP- Abdurraheem Green - YouTube Dawah training

The Argument from Fitrah for God's Existence( defining Fitrah) pt 1. by Shaykh Murtaza Bachoo - YouTube The Fitrah Argument of God’s Existence part 1
The Argument from Fitrah for God's Existence (proving Fitrah ) part 2 by Shaykh Murtaza Bachoo - YouTube part 2

Cosmological Argument - Argument for God's Existence | Dawah Bites with Subboor Ahmad - YouTube Cosmological Argument For God’s Existence

"WHO MADE GOD/ALLAH?" Best Answer (Animation #5) - YouTube Objection: Who Created God

The Strongest Argument for the Existence of God - YouTube Argument from creation on the existence of God

Islamic Beliefs | The Teleological Argument | Ahmed Saleem - YouTube Telelogical Argument

Logical Argument on the Existence of God | Hamza Tzortzis - YouTube Logical Argument

Some questions will follow based on the text, so please read it carefully. The answers will be provided at the end of each module (which I will add to this as I go along), in shaa Allah.

Dawah Essentials. The importance of dawah:
• Definition of Dawah
• Virtues of Dawah
• Punishment for failing to give Dawah

The word ‘Dawah’ means to invite. It means to invite people to Islam, to:

• worship Allah alone
• enjoin what is right
• forbid what is wrong

The Importance of Dawah ᴴᴰ ┇Mohammad Hoblos┇ Dawah Team - YouTube The Importance of Dawah

Qu’ran 3:104 Let there be a group among you who call [others] to goodness, encourage what is good, and forbid what is evil - it is they who will be successful

We want to be from among those who are successful. It is our goal to be from among the successful in this life (the dunya) and in the hereafter (the akhirah).

How valuable a thing is; depends on the reward that comes with it, and there’s not many things that have the reward that comes with spreading dawah.

In Muslim, Abu Hurairah reported: 'Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: “If anyone calls others to follow right guidance, his reward will be equivalent to those who follow him (in righteousness) without their reward being diminished in any respect, and if anyone invites others to follow error, the sin, will be equivalent to that of the people who follow him (in sinfulness) without their sins being diminished in any respect.”

So, it means, if Allah guides one person to Islam as a result of your dawah, then every time they do a good deed (ie pray, fast, charity, perform hajj, get married, have kids, they teach their kids Qu’ran, and they teach their kids Islam, even for that you will get rewarded, and when their kids teach their kids and so on, as long as these people follow Islam, and have descendants that follow Islam we will share in the reward for that, in shaa Allah.

So, as we can imagine, the reward for spreading dawah is very huge; there’s probably not many things quite like it elsewhere.

On the other hand, if we fail to give dawah, Allah punishes us. He gives severe warnings in The Qu’ran for those who do not enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong (ie who do not invite to this; do not perform dawah)

One of the stories in The Qu’ran is the sabbath breakers. (See Qu’ran 7:163). In this course I have joined, one of the speakers talk about this in the video. There was a village by the sea and they took their livelihood by fishing and because these people were used to committing sins; Allah sent a fitrah (trial) upon them, so there was no fish on any day apart from on the sabbath day where the fish became plentiful like no other day, but on this day they were forbidden to fish, so some people tried to get around the sabbath by setting their nets the night before, and taking them in the night after, and they said “we didn’t do the work on the sabbath, we didn’t do the fishing on the sabbath. We did the work the night before and the night after”. But in reality they were causing the fish to be caught then.

In this village there was groups of people; the one group was breaking the sabbath and the other group was giving dawah. They were going to the people breaking the sabbath, advising them, telling them to fear Allah and to stop breaking the sabbath, that it was wrong

There was another group of people in the village who were not breaking the sabbath, they kept themselves to themselves and performed their prayers, but they said to those who were giving dawah, “why do you call these people who Allah is about to destroy, and Allah is about to send upon them a terrible punishment?” And the people giving dawah, answered, “so we will be free from blame in front of our Lord”, meaning that they understood by not calling people away from this evil, they would be blamed. They also said “and perhaps they will fear Allah”

Some who explained The Qu’ran said that not only did Allah destroy the sabbath breakers but also those who were not involved in dawah, were not enjoining righteousness and forbidding evil. So this is a very serious warning to us that if we don’t invite people to Islam, and to enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, we could receive punishment from Allah along with those who are disobedient to Allah and His messenger (s.a.w).

Also, in At-Tirmidhi, the Prophet (s.a.w) teaches “By Him in Whose Hand my life is, you either enjoin good and forbid evil or Allah will certainly soon send His punishment to you. Then you will make supplication and it will not be accepted”.

This is a very dire warning towards us by the Prophet (s.a.w), that we must invite people towards righteousness and forbid people towards evil

In surah 103 (meaning): “By time, indeed, mankind is in loss. Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience”

So, it’s not enough to just have iman and do righteous actions, but to be saved from being among the lost ones in this life and the hereafter, we must also invite people to enjoin righteousness and forbid evil by teaching them the truth, encourage people to follow the truth and we must be patient upon teaching the truth and forbidding the wrong

It’s very important that when we spread dawah; that we remain patient, have perseverance and sabr. It’s something we have to stick with as with it will come trials and difficulties, followed by a great virtue and reward

Now, after reading the above carefully, here are the questions:

Q.1: Which story was mentioned to highlight the punishment for not giving dawah?

CHOOSE ONE
a) There was no story mentioned
b) The story of Qarun
c) The story of Firaun
d) The story of the sabbath

Q.2: In episode one, which surah is quoted for highlighting some of the necessities when giving dawah?

CHOOSE ONE
a) Surah Al 'Asr
b) Suratul Al Haqqah
c) Surah Al Mulk
d) Suratul Yusuf

Q.3: In Surah 3:104 who does Allah describe as the successful ones?

CHOOSE ONE
a) Those who seek knowledge
b) Those who perform salah
c) Those who enjoin what is good and forbid what is
evil
d) Those who do charity

**************************************************END OF MODULE 1

Answers to follow (don’t cheat!):

Q1: Answer D the story of the Sabbath
Q2: Sorry I am unsure what the answer is for this as I
got it wrong in the course I joined
Q3: Answer C those who enjoin what is good and forbid