Doing charity in a loved one's memory

“When a man passes away, his good deeds also comes to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him” Narrated by Abu Hurairah, Sahih Muslim.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un - my father who had Dementia recently passed away after an hospital he attended starved him then discharged him during lockdown severely dehydrated and malnourished.

Inshallah, could you all do dua for him please and do charity on his behalf. He was very charitable and never hurt anyone. Alhamdulillah. Only Allah knows if he died as a believer at the time of his death as he couldn’t talk and even prior to that he couldn’t express himself due to his Dementia.

2 Likes

May Allah bless your father and admit him into Jannah, we are always hopeful as believers. If before his dementia you remember him as a Mulsim then that’s what he has been written down as with Allah and that’s all that matters.
As for hospital attendent mistreating him, there are many cases of this but this is a blessing in disguise as they may have caused your father’s death, Allah knows best of course!
May Allah keep us all steadfast!

1 Like

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. Verily to Allah we belong and to Him we return. May Allah grant him jannatul firdaus. Ameen. A man who dies and leaves behind a righteous child who prays for his maghfirah is one form of sadqe jaariyah. MashaAllah u as a righteous daughter can be a reason for his entry to jannah. Ameen. May Allah have mercy upon us, protect us and guide us all. Ameen

1 Like

JazakAllahu Khairun

May Allah grant us all Jannatul Firdous along with my father. Ameen.

1 Like

JazakAllahu Khairun

I hope your Ramadan is going well inshallah

Thanks for your dua and ameen

Salaam

Walaikum assalam. Yes alhamdulillah… Ramadan goes by so quickly! Ameen to ur duas as well. JazakAllahu khairan.

1 Like

Aameen may Allah forgive all our. Dead muslims

1 Like