Dr Muhammad Salah. Q&A. My notes

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I pray that you are well in shaa Allah

Here’s some more of my notes. This time they are notes I made from Sheikh Dr Muhammad Salah’s Live YouTube Q&A session, ma’shaa’Allah.

Hopefully they will benefit us all in getting closer to Allah, in shaa Allah, and remember it’s best to ask questions from someone higher in knowledge than us (ie a sheikh) where we need some guidance and have some confusion, than to follow our own desires ignorantly. But obviously asking questions alongside reading The Qu’ran and the sunnah is best; not just ask questions without even trying to understand what Allah teaches us first.

So, here’s my notes:

• The Qu’ran should be recited daily in a house. In the hadith it is mentioned that the house where Surah Al Baqarah is recited, will not have the Shaitaan come anywhere near it for 3 days, subhaanAllah. This is mentioned in Abu Huraira.

• Question:
Can we consume the flesh of animals killed by the People of the Book (ie. Christians and Jews)?
Answer:
The animal slaughtered by the People of the Book is permissible for consumption so long as no other prayer has been prayed over the animal (ie it’s not sacrificed in worship for other than Allah) and it has not been stunned etc (ie any of the conditions that would deem it haraam for consumption). All you have to do is say “Bismillah” then eat it.

• Question:
Is it okay to join the imaam’s prayer in the masjid even if you’re late for it and don’t know whether the imaam is praying the fard or nafl prayer?
Answer:
It’s permissible to pray a prayer in the masjid even if you’re late for it and don’t know whether it’s fard or nafl, and are not sure of the imaam’s intentions. It’s okay for you to have your own set of intentions. You may just have to work around it a bit as others will wonder what is going on there; not realizing this situation.

• Question:
Does one have to have access to the money they pay zakah on?
Answer:
One of the requirements of being able to give zakah is that you must have access to that money you give in zakah.

• Question:
Is it okay for a Muslim to catch up with their missed salaah in a way that they perform the current prayer first and then go back to the missed one afterwards?
Answer:
If we miss our salaah; we have to catch up with them in the right order, as the obligatory prayers come in a certain order we must perform them in.

If we perform them in the wrong order; it will be classed as praying a sunnah optional prayer instead, so one must then repeat that prayer again in its correct order (ie. if one was to miss their Maghrib prayer, but it was now time to pray Isha, and they perform their Isha prayer then their missed Maghrib prayer. The Isha would be classed as a sunnah. So then they must perform their Isha prayer again, so that it was prayed in its correct order after the Maghrib).

• Question:
Must the wife obey their husband on him telling them that they are unable to go to the masjid?
Answer:
A husband shouldn’t prevent their wife from going to the masjid for no good reason (ie to protect her from traveling through a dangerous area).

A wife should only obey her husband when he orders something halaal. However, if he was to order something that is haraam or harmful; she must not obey that request of his.

The husband is only over the wife due to his strength and wisdom; so as to protect her. Not to control her.

• Question:
Is it important to recite The Qu’ran using tajweed?
Answer:
Recite The Qu’ran with tajweed otherwise it’s not reciting The Qu’ran properly. Learn the Arabic alphabet; the articulation points of each letter and the characteristics of each letter.
Online has some useful free tools for correcting the recitation, and some free programs.

• Question:
Will one get forgiveness from Allaah even though they have wronged someone else?
Answer:
What about the rights of the individual that has been wronged? What about that person being imprisoned because of a crime they were falsely accused of? What about their rights that were violated?

One wronging another individual must compensate that individual before the Day we stand before Allaah; so that they may be forgiven.

It doesn’t matter if one feels that they may be harmed in the process; it is better than compensating for it in hellfire or that individual receiving some of your good deeds as a result of your bad action towards them and you violating their rights.

Be careful of giving a false testimony or false shahadah. It is a major sin. Astaghfirullah. You must compensate that person, you wronged, to avoid the hellfire.

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, “whoever says (upon leaving his house):
‘Bismillah, tawakkaltu ‘alallah, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah’ (I begin with the Name of Allâh; I trust in Allah; there is no altering of conditions but by the Power of Allah),’ it will be said to him: You are guided, defended and protected.’ The devil will go far away from him.” (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi, and An-Nasai’)

• Question:
What is proof of the trace of imaan?
Answer: The Shahadah (This is mentioned in Surah An-Nisa 4:48 and 4:116)

So, He may forgive someone who does no good; just for the sake of them saying their shahadah, or He may choose to put them in hellfire (Jahannam) then Paradise (Jannah). SubhaanAllah.

And Allah knows best

Salaam