Duas of the prophets for laylatul Qadr

As we prepare our list of duas for the night of power laylatul qadr, let’s include duas from the quran which were made by the prophets and Allah swt has mentioned them in the holy Quran so that we may learn from them. Some of the notable ones are,

Adam as dua :

''Our Lord ! we have sinned against ourselves and Unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us , we shall most certainly be lost.

رَبَّنا ظَلَمنا أَنفُسَنا وَإِن لَم تَغفِر لَنا وَتَرحَمنا لَنَكونَنَّ مِنَ الخٰسِرينَ

Surah AL-A`RAF : 23

Ibrahim as duas :

حَسْبُنَا اللهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيْلُ

Hasbuna Allahu wa ni’ma al-wakeel

Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs
[Surah Ale-Imran: 173]

رَبِّ اجعَلنى مُقيمَ الصَّلوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتى ۚ رَبَّنا وَتَقَبَّل دُعاءِ

‘‘O my Lord ! make me one who establishes regular prayer and (also) from my offspring ,our Lord !
and accept my invocation’’
SURAH IBRAHIM : 40

Musa as dua :

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ

My Lord, indeed I am, for any good that you bestow on me, very needy.” (Surah Al Qasas, 28:24)

Yunus as dua :

لَآ إِلٰهَ إِلَّآ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّيْ كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِيْنَ

“There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.”
[Surah Al-Anbiya: 87]

Yusuf as dua :

رَبِّ فاطِرَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالأَرضِ أَنتَ وَلِيّۦ فِى الدُّنيا وَالءاخِرَةِ ۖ تَوَفَّنى مُسلِمًا وَأَلحِقنى بِالصّٰلِحينَ

My Lord! Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my guardian in this world and the hereafter; make me die a muslim and join me with the good.
Surah Yusuf : 101

Muhammad saws dua:

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً، وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً، وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

“Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire."
Surah Baqarah : 201

Ofcourse there are many other wonderful duas in the noble Quran many of which start with rabbana.
Please comment more duas from the Quran. May Allah azzawajal accept our duas. Ameen.

JazakAllahu khairan wa ahsanul jazaa.

8 Likes

Thank you very plenty

1 Like

Excellent list will be forwarding to everyone now!

2 Likes

Jazakilla khair for so much knowledge… May Allah increase you in knowledge :heart:

2 Likes

JazakAllahu Khairun, sister

May Allah reward us for our efforts and accept our dua from us. Ameen

Allahumma barik for your knowledge

Salaam

2 Likes

Amiin Wa anta fa jazaakallahu khayran!

1 Like