How to prove the existence of Allah (God) to a non-Muslim

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I pray that you are well in shaa Allah

This article is useful for those Muslims who are confronted by a non-Muslim with the question “how can one prove the existence of God?”

So, how does a Muslim prove the existence of Allah (God) to someone who doesn’t believe in God’s existence?

It consists of 3 categories:
•Instinctive evidence
•Tangible evidence
•Shar’i evidence

Let’s go through these categories one at a time, in shaa Allah:

•Instinctive evidence = man’s sound nature (so long as they haven’t been led astray by devils) testify the existence of God. Everyone feels within themself that they have a Lord and are in need of Him.

Al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymin said: The instinctive evidence that God exists is the strongest of all evidence for those who are not led astray by the devils

Thus, Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): "So set you your face towards the religion (Islam) Haneef (worship Allah alone).

Allah’s Fitrah (Allah’s Islamic monotheism) with which He has created mankind." Qu’ran 30:30

•Tangible evidence = this refers to the things that exist in the universe that we see, smell, feel (touch) and hear (ie trees, rocks, mankind, the earth, heavens, seas, rivers etc)

If one asks about these things being too many so “who created them and who is taking care of them”?

The answer is that if these things came into being by accident, spontaneous and with no cause, then no one has any knowledge of how they were created. That is one possibility.

The 2nd possibility is that these things created themselves and are taking care of themselves, and the 3rd possibility is that there is Someone Who created them. When we look at these possibilities we find that the 1st and 2nd are not possible.

If we reject the 1st and 2nd; the 3rd must be it. And as we know as Muslims; it is true that these things have a Creator Who created them. And this creator is Allah. Allah mentions this in The Qu’ran (meaning): “Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm belief.” Qu’ran 52:35-36

For all these years; Allah has decreed that His creations remain in this world and granted them the means of abiding here by providing each thing with what it needs to survive. Alhamdulillah

When healthy tall green plants have their water supply cut off; can they survive? Likewise, when animals have no food/drink can they survive and can we survive in similar circumstances? The answer of course is no, no & no. Rather the plant becomes withered & its stalk dry and animals and people alike become dehydrated, poorly, weak and eventually die.

If we ponder over all things we will find that they are all dependent upon Allah. Were it not for Allah; nothing would remain. Alhamdulillah.

•Shar’i evidence = The evidence shown within The Qu’ran and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Finally, why did Allah create us?
For us to worship Him

Allah says (meaning): “Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed,” Qu’ran 67:2

“And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).” Qu’ran 51:56

1. "Say: He is Allah the One
  2. The Self-sufficient Master
    Whom all creatures need
  3. He begets not; nor was He begotten
  4. And there is none equal to Him"
    Surah Al Ikhlas 1-4

Jazakallah khayrun for reading this and I hope it benefits many of the ummah and that many people accept Islam as a result of it, in shaa Allah

May Allah accept our efforts from us and forgive us of our sins committed knowingly and unknowingly, a little bit and a lot. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Have a lovely safe day

Assalamu alaikum

If one proved God existed, who would need faith? I’ve found nothing but obstinate ignorance in anyone I mention this to. However, I choose deliver the message, anyway. Believers rejoice, unbelievers hear only aggression. Any talk besides faith and Allah is idle chit chat and I don’t engage that anymore.

1 Like