Invitation to Islam - for non Muslims

Hi,

This post is my attempt of inviting non-Muslims to Islam whom may see my post, God willing (in shaa Allah)

Thank you for taking interest in what I have written and may Allah bestow His mercy (rahma) and guidance upon you. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Firstly, I will start off by saying about this beautiful religion

• What does “Islam” mean?
The term “Islam” means submitting wholeheartedly to the commands and teachings of Allah (God); thus, feeling at peace with His teachings.

So, if Allah (God) was to command us to do something; we will do it without question, and if Allah (God) commands for us to abstain from something; we will abstain from it without question, as Allah (God) knows best.

The term ‘Islam’ derives from the three- letter Arabic root ‘S’ (س) ‘L’ (ل) ‘M’ (م) which generates words with connected meanings, including ‘Peace’, ‘Submission’, ‘Surrender’, ‘Commitment’.

Islam is made up of 5 pillars of faith:

1. The declaration of faith; also known as the Shahada. This is where a non-Muslim who choses to embrace Islam; must say and believe 'There is no God but Allah alone and Muhammad [peace and blessings be upon him] is the final Prophet and Messenger of Allah. [This must be recited in Arabic: “Ash-hadu an laa ilaha illAllah, wa ash-hadu ana Muhammadan ar-rasool-Allah”] and one’s lifestyle must then change in accordance to this utterance and belief.

2. To perform the five daily prayers at their set times and in their set actions, also known as ‘salah’.

3. Pay 2.5% of one’s wealth to the needy and poor each year, and to the travellers. This is also known as ‘zakah’. This is only a duty upon the sane, mature Muslims and upon those who meet the threshold (nisab) which is where a Muslim has money for a whole year and after deduction of essential payments (ie food and bills) has some extra money leftover above the minimum threshold. Zakah is also known as ‘purification of wealth’ and is done alongside any other voluntarily charitable actions.

4. Fast during the month of Ramadan, also known as sawm (this includes fasting from food, drink, bad habits, slander, backbite, swear words, sexual desires, cursing, falsehood… and anything undesirable and instead doing much charity and goodness, voluntary prayers alongside the obligatory prayers, following the Prophetic teachings [sunnah], seeking forgiveness of Allah and much goodness…etc, as a means of getting closer to Allah and breaking the bad habits and implementing the good deeds throughout the rest of the year and so forth). The fast from food and drink can be substituted for feeding a poor person for each day of broken fast for those who are unable to fast due to ill-health not expected to get better, and the fast can be made up at a later date [before the next shaban begins otherwise it’s a sin to delay it and not only must the fasts be made up, but a debt becomes available] for those who are ill at the time of the fast.

1. The Pilgrimage to Mecca (the House). This is only obligatory upon those who are physically and financially able.

Now, here’s a breakdown:

1. “Submission” means that you should bear witness that there is no god but God and that Muhammad, p.b.u.h, is God’s messenger (shahada), that you should perform the ritual prayer (salah), pay the alms tax (zakah), fast during Ramadan (sawm), and make the pilgrimage to the House, if you’re able to go there (Hajj).

2. “Faith” means that you have faith in God, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day, and that you have faith in the measuring out, of both its good and its evil.

3. “Doing what is beautiful” means that you should worship God as if you see Him, for even if you do not see Him, He sees you.

• Who is a Muslim?
A Muslim is someone who submits to the will of God (Allah) and obeys His every command.

We are monotheistic; meaning we worship Allah (God) alone without any partners.

According to the Bible; Jesus (peace be upon him), submitted to the will of God and worshipped God alone. Therefore, Jesus himself, was a Muslim, not a Jew or a Christian.

In Matthew 12:50; Jesus teaches that anyone who submits to the will of God are his (peace be upon him) brothers and sisters. So therefore, anyone who doesn’t submit to the will of God, are not Jesus’ brothers and sisters, and thus not a true follower of Jesus, even if they say otherwise

As you should learn from this; Muslims submit to the will of God and therefore are the true brothers and sisters of Jesus, according to Jesus himself. So a Muslim is the true follower of Jesus because we submit to the will of God more so than a modern day Christian does, and thus follow Jesus’ example alongside some former Christians and Jews, pre-Trinity [may Allah accept them as a True believer :palms_up_together:t3:] and the example of all of the prophets (peace be upon them all).

• Who is God?
The One and only true God is Allah. Everything that has been -and is -created belongs to Allah alone and is a result of His magnificent powers and Rahma (mercy) to His creations. But how little thanks we give Him.

How can one claim that Jesus is God, when he, himself, teaches that he submits to the will of God, that powers don’t belong to him but rather belong to God? It simply does not make sense and is in fact going against the teachings of Jesus himself.

It is clear from John 5:30 KJV that Jesus [peace be upon him] is clarifying all powers belong to God Himself, that he doesn’t have these powers himself ‘I can of mine own self do nothing’. That he [Jesus] can only do something with the support of God [Allah] and that his judgment is just because of God; not because of himself ‘my own judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me’.

Jesus says according to the passage above: “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”

Matthew 4:10 KJV Then saith Jesus unto him [Jesus says to satan when he commands Jesus to worship him], “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve”

And there are also more Bible passages commanding the worship of God (Allah) alone. Totally against the worship of Jesus and taking him as God, and totally against taking anyone other than Allah as a god to worship.

The Arabic word ‘Allah’ literally means ‘The God’. There is no such thing as more than one Allah. However, there is such a thing as gods (false deities and idols). The name Allah therefore refers to the One and only True Creator and God to Whom all praise and worship is due without any partner.

Arabic-speaking Jews and Christians also use the term Allah, alongside Muslims, demonstrating thereby, that followers of Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in a common monotheistic Creator, a fact that many are surprised to learn

One reason for this may be that English-speaking people are accustomed to the term “God”, whereas Muslims, regardless of their native language, use the Arabic word “Allah”. This difference in usage may cause people to view the term “Allah” with uncertainty, preventing them from making a connection between the Arabic name and the accepted English equivalent term.

The Qu’ran, the divinely-revealed scripture of Islam, contains numerous verses describing the nature of God. The role of human beings as creations of God upon the earth and their relationship with God are also discussed in depth throughout the Quranic scriptures:

Qu’ran 112: 'Say, “He is Allah - One”; [1] Allah - the Sustainer. [2] He has never had offspring, nor was He born. [3] And there is none comparable to Him" [4]

Qu’ran 16:78 And Allah brought you out of the wombs of your mothers while you knew nothing, and gave you hearing, sight and intellect so perhaps you would be thankful

Qu’ran 6: Indeed, Allah is the One Who causes seeds and fruit stones to sprout. He brings forth the living from the dead and the dead from the living. That is Allah! How can you then be deluded? [95]
He causes the dawn to break, and has made the night for rest and the sun and the moon with precision. That is the design of the Almighty, All-Knowing. [96]
And He is the One Who has made the stars as your guide through the darkness of land and sea. We have already made the signs clear for people who know. [97]
And He is the One Who originated you all from a single soul, then assigned you a place to live and another to rest. We have already made the signs clear for people who comprehend. [98]
And He is the One Who sends down rain from the sky—causing all kinds of plants to grow—producing green stalks from which We bring forth clustered grain. And from palm trees come clusters of dates hanging within reach. [There are] also gardens of grapevines, olives, and pomegranates, similar [in shape] but dissimilar [in taste]. Look at their fruit as it yields and ripens! Indeed, in these are signs for people who believe [99]
Yet they associate the jinn with Allah, even though He created them, and they falsely attribute to Him sons and daughters out of ignorance. Glorified and Exalted is He above what they claim! [100]
[He is] the Originator of the heavens and earth. How could He have children when He has no mate? He created all things and has knowledge of everything. [101]
That is Allah—your Lord! There is no god except Him. [He is] the Creator of all things, so worship Him [alone]. And He is the Maintainer of everything. [102]
No vision can encompass Him, but He encompasses all vision. For He is the Most Subtle, All-Aware. [103]

Allah is unique; He has no partner or associate who share in His divinity or authority, and unlike His creation, He has no physical form or shape. Allah is not believed to exist in - nor be represented by - any material object

A number of divine attributes or “names”, which serve to describe God (Allah) are found in the Qu’ran. Some commonly known attributes, include the Most Merciful, the Most Forgiving, the Most High, the Unique, among others, some of which are mentioned above.