Is it allowed to wear Gold on the feet?

Are muslims allowed to wear gold jewellery on their feet?

2 Likes

Are you referring to a male or a female?

Abu Musa Ash’ari narrated that; The Prophet (saws) said: ‘Wearing silk and gold has been made unlawful for the males of my Ummah and lawful for their females.’ (al-Tirmidhi, hadith 808)

It has been argued by the Scholars that as wearing gold is lawful for women, they can wear it in neck as necklace, in fingers as rings, in wrists/hands as bangles and in feet as anklets, as the hadith does not put any restriction in this regard.

But, according to the verse “…they should not display their adornments…” it is haram for women to display their adornments ‘na-mehram’ (to men with whom they are religiously allowed to marry) ……. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment…….(Qur’an, 24:31)

However, there is a weak hadith narration which expresses negative attitude about “Anklet” which is worn on the ankles and makes a sound while walking. (Kanz al-Ummal, by Ali al-Muttaqi ibn Abdl Malik al-Hindi, h. no: 45071).

5 Likes

I think girls can wear gold jewellery, but I don’t think boys can wear gold at all.

1 Like