1/4 white onion
2 carrots (peeled if you prefer); chopped up
2 garlic cloves
A tin of tomatoes in tomato juice
2 medium potatoes
1 vegetable stock cube
1/2 cup of cream (or full cream milk)
Extra virgin olive oil
Seasoning (I used ginger, black pepper, herbamare sea salt and black onion seeds grinded)

Method:

1. heat the olive oil on a low-medium heat and fry the onion and garlic cloves gently for a minute or two with the pan covered
  2. Remove from the heat and add some boiling water to the pan along with the pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes, and bring to the boil then simmer for 20-25 minutes with the pan covered, until the vegetables are cooked, 15 minutes into it cooking, add the cream (if you prefer you could add that at the very end) and stock cube, stirring it in and bringing it back to the boil for the remainder of the time.
  3. Liquidize and season (if too runny; you could mix some flour in a cup with some water then add it to this and bring back to the boil, stirring constantly to avoid any lumps from forming). Then serve once it’s at its desired consistency. I added flour to mine.

It is yummy on its own, or served with toast, bread, croutons or broken up breadsticks (I had mine on its own).

I did another pumpkin soup recipe too but adjusted it to include basil and used 2 fresh tomatoes instead of tinned and some white ghost pumpkin instead. This is the one I actually added some carrots too but they both work out well. I served it with broken up breadsticks as an alternative to croutons

I hope you enjoy the recipe, in shaa Allah

Me and my family actually managed to save 11 pumpkins from landfill, one being the white pumpkin. Alhamdulillah