Among the signs of the End of the World is the reverse rotation of the Earth (Sunrise from the West)… Is this sign a direct one or symbolic? Kindly elaborate accordingly
As salamu alaikum, I believe you are refering to this hadith:
Narrated Abu Huraira
that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The (Last) Hour shall not came till the sun rises from the place of its setting And on the day when it rises from the place of its setting even if all the people together affirmed their faith, it would not be of any avail to one who did not believe previously and derived no good out of his belief.
Yes this is a direct one, e.g. not metaphorical or symbolic. As with many other things that will occur before the hour such as the emergence of the Dajjal, the emergence of the Yajuj wa Majuj and so on.
I have also seen scientists talk about the possibility of this happening in the future!
And Allah knows best.
The prophet (S.A.W) said: ''it will not come until you see ten signs and then he mentioned
- The Smoke
- The Dajjal (Antichrist)
- The Beast
- The rising of the sun from the west
- The decent of Jesus son of Marry
- Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj (Gog and Magog)
- The land sliding in three places: one in th east, one in the west and one in the Arabian peninsula
- The last of which will be a fire emerging from Yemen and will drive the people to their gathering place.
They are meant to be 10 signs, which are the other two missing?
Thank you so much for hadith