The best 10 days of the year. Dhul Hijjah

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

How are you? I pray that you are in excellent health and that during these 10 special days of Dhul-hijjah we are gaining much reward and forgiveness of sins. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Just to remind you all and first and foremost a reminder to myself; these are the best 10 DAYS of the year (Dhul-hijjah). Lailatul Qadr are the best 10 NIGHTS of the year and now we are near the end of these best 10 days. Based on the sighting of the moon; Eid should begin in approximately 2 more days, the Day of Arafat being tomorrow, in shaa Allah

For those not partaking in Hajj tomorrow; it is best for you to fast and thus your previous sins and this year’s sins will be forgiven by Allah, alhamdulillah. So long as we avoid major sins in shaa Allah. May Allah make it easy for us and make us of those He forgives and replaces every bad deed with a good deed so that on the Day we stand before Him our good deeds are many and our bad deeds are few. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

‘By the dawn; by the ten nights’ (89:1-2)

‘Remember Allah during the appointed days’ (2:203)
The Prophet (S.a.W) said, ‘There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than in these (ten) days’. (Abu Dawud)

Let’s remember Allah a lot, Dhikr of Allah:

•Do not be late or rush our salahs

•Say: SubhaanAllah x33; Alhamdulillah x33; Allahu Akbar x34; La illaha illallah
(Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, Allah is the Greatest, There is none worthy of worship but Allah alone). After each salah and other times.

Astaghfirullah wa atubuh ilaih
(I seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent to Him) at least 100 times per day and with sincerity.

Let’s repeat these throughout the day/night in shaa Allah

The Prophet (S.a.W) said, ‘There are no days greater and more beloved to Allah than these ten days of Dhul-hijjah, so increase in them your declaration of the Oneness of Allah (tahleel), your exaltation of Him (takbeer), and your praise of Him (tahmeed)’. (Ahmad)

If unable to fast the first nine days of Dhul-hijjah then it is best to fast the Day of Arafat for those not partaking in Hajj: “All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it” (Bukhari, 1805)

The Prophet (S.a.W) said, "There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than on the day of ‘Arafah’ (Muslim)

The Prophet (S.a.W) said, “It (fasting on the Day of 'Arafah) expiates the sins of the past year and the coming year”. (Muslim)

• Read/recite The Qur’an:
The Prophet (S.a.W) said, "Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter’. (At-Tirmidhi)

• Remember a loved one:
Prophet Muhammad (S.a.W) said, “When a person dies, his deeds come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah, knowledge from which benefit is gained, or a righteous child who prays for him” (Muslim)

• Pray Tahajjud:
‘There are no days more beloved to Allah that He be worshipped in them than the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah; fasting every day of them is the equivalent of fasting a year, and standing every night of them (in prayer) is the equivalent of standing on the Night of Qadr’ (Tirmidhi)

• Erase your sins:

20210718_094832

The Prophet (S.a.W) was asked, 'If one of us cannot visit it (Al-Aqsa), what should we do? He (S.a.W) said, ‘Then he should make a gift of some oil to be lit therein (in its lamps). For indeed the one who gifts this to it, will be like the one who has prayed therein’ (Ahmad)

• Give Sadaqah (charity)

• Repent:
And beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful (Qur’an 24:31)

Seek forgiveness of your Lord and repent to Him, (and) He will let you enjoy a good provision for a specified term and give every doer of favour His favour. But if you turn away, then indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a great Day (Qu’ran 11:3)

• Pray Eid prayer

• Give Qurbani:
‘The Prophet (S.a.W) sacrificed for the one who could not sacrifice from his Ummah, one who bore witness to the Oneness of Allah and (his) Prophethood’ (Tabarani and Ahmad)

‘There has come to you a Messenger of Allah from among yourselves, who is distressed by the losses you sustain, who is ardently desirous of your welfare, and is tender and merciful to those that believe’ (Qu’ran 9:128)

• stay away from sin and do more righteousness
Just as our good deeds are multiplied; our bad deeds are also multiplied

And there’s many acts of worship we can do to gain much reward during these blessed days and multiply our good deeds. Alhamdulillah

Salaam