The love of Allah

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,

I pray that all are well in shaa Allah

This topic is on receiving Allah’s love, subhaanAllah :sparkling_heart:.

To receive Allah’s love as a Muslim we should obey Him [this is following the teachings of The Qu’ran and the sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)] for Allah teaches in The Qu’ran [An Nisa 4:59]:

O you who have believed, obey Allah and the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.

From this above ayah; we learn that by obeying Allah and His Messenger (s.a.w) and those in authority among us (ie. sheikhs) and referring anything we disagree with to Allah and His Messenger (s.a.w) for a believer this is the best way with the best result.

Say, [O Prophet], “If you love Allah, then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive your sins. For Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [3:61]

So, to gain Allah’s love we must obey Him and His Messenger (s.a.w) and if we love Allah, we must obey the sunnah as well as The Qu’ran. I need to stress here; it’s important to obey the sunnah as many of the ummah have unfortunately abandoned it. Astaghfirullah. May Allah protect us :palms_up_together:t3:. Allah will then love us and forgive us of our sins, in shaa Allah, for He is Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem, Al Ghaffar Al Ghafoor Afuww [the Most Merciful, the Oft Forgiving, All Forgiving, and the Forgiving]. SubhaanAllah :sparkling_heart:

So, we must remember that it is very important to follow the sunnah as well as The Qu’ran as it’s also a means of obeying Allah and showing our love to Him if we are truthful, and thus a means of receiving His love, mercy and forgiveness in return. So if we weren’t to follow The Qu’ran AND sunnah we can expect the opposite to happen to us (ie. receive His wrath, and punishment). May Allah protect us. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (s.a.w) said, “When Allah loves a slave, calls out Jibril and says: ‘I love so-and-so; so love him’. Then Jibril loves him. After that he (Jibril) announces to the inhabitants of heavens that Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; and the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him and then make people on earth love him”. [Bukhari and Muslim]

So, by Allah loving a slave and it being announced to Jibril, it makes all the angels in the heavens and all the people on the earth love that person just by attaining Allah’s love. SubhaanAllah :sparkling_heart:. May Allah make us of them. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

So again, we must be careful to not be among the people who don’t attain Allah’s love because the opposite would then apply. Allah, the angels and the people would then not love us and thus we would gain Allah’s punishment, unless of course He decides to forgive us anyway for whatever reason, but we shouldn’t really chance that, knowing hellfire (jahannam) is real and a very severe punishment, and Jannah is real and the most beautiful place one could ever attain. May Allah make us of those He loves, whom the angels love and all of the people love. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

'Abdullah bin 'Amr (may Allah be pleased with them) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, “The Salat which is most beloved to Allah is that of (Prophet) Dawud; and As-Saum (the fasting) which is most beloved to Allah is that of Prophet (Dawud). He used to sleep half the night, get up to perform Salat for one-third of it, then sleep through the remaining one-sixth of it; and he used to observe Saum on alternative days.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

So to perform the prayer (salah) and fast (saum) most beloved to Allah, we should copy the fast and prayer of Prophet Dawud [David, a.s] by sleeping half of the night, then getting up purifying oneself [wudhu] then performing salah for one-third of that night, before sleeping through the remaining one-sixth of the night, and to perform intermittent fasting [ie alternate it, one day fast, next day eat, next day fast, next day eat, like that; so there’s days in between the fast where we eat].

There are certain traits in our character that Allah loves; so to attain Allah’s mercy (rahma), we must try hard to have these traits:

• Kindness -

'A’isha, the wife of Allah’s apostle (s.a.w), reported that Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) said:
'A’isha, verily Allah is kind and He loves kindness and confers upon kindness which he does not confer upon severity and does not confer upon anything else besides it (kindness). [Muslim]

• Insight and deliberateness -

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said to Ashajj, of the tribe of 'Abdul-Qais:
You possess two qualities which are loved by Allah: insight and deliberateness. [Muslim]

So it’s important that we attain kindness, insight and deliberateness in our traits (the latter 2 both of which I am going to ask a sheikh about their meanings, in shaa Allah)

There are certain places that Allah either loves the most, or are the most hateful to Allah:
The parts of land most beloved to Allah are its mosques, and the parts most hateful to Allah are markets. [Muslim]

So, based on this we should spend more time in the mosque and we should spend less time at the market. There’s actually a supplication to be made before entering the market, too, found in Fortress of the Muslim.

This supplication is as follows:
Laa 'ilaha 'illallahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay’in Qadeer.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise. He brings life and He causes death, [and He is living and does not die. In His Hand is all good,] and He is Able to do all things.
[Jame Tirmizi – 3428]

The bit I have put in the brackets [ ] is in the hadith shown, however, is not included in the English transliteration shown, if anyone could find it where it includes that bit too and reply to this post with it, in shaa Allah, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

There is certain speech loved by Allah, and certain speech hated by Allah. So, we should all thrive to say the things pleasing to Allah, and avoid the words invoking Allah’s displeasure:

• SubhanAllah Wa bihamdihi (Glory be to Allah and Praises be to Him)

Abu Dharr reported that Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) said:
Should I not inform you about the words loved most by Allah? I said: Allah’s Messenger, do inform me about the words loved most by Allah. He said: Verily, the words loved most by Allah are: “hallowed be Allah and praise is due to Him.” [Muslim]

• Alhamdulillah (All praises due to Allah)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Masud:
The Prophet, said, “There is none having a greater sense of Ghira than Allah. And for that He has forbidden the doing of evil actions (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) There is none who loves to be praised more than Allah does.” [Bukhari]

Have a great blessed happy day ahead and may Allah guide us all to the truth.

Assalamu alaikum.