Verse which describes what we see today everywhere

I love this verse from Luqman. Everyone I ever knew does nothing but this. They spend money on Netflix and fiction books and turn away if I don’t join in.

وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يَشْتَرِى لَهْوَ ٱلْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

[Quran 31:6]

1 Like

May Allah protect us from such worldliness and strengthen our imaan, and guide those who purchase this world for their life instead of the akhirah. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Ma’shaa’Allah; I haven’t listened to music or watched the TV for some years now. I mainly spend time on Twitter spreading dawah to non-Muslims and Muslims alike, on here, or You Tube watching lectures. I find Mufti Menk, Omar Suleiman, Muhammad Salah’ lectures are really informative. Alhamdulillah

Salaam brother

1 Like

I find myself being compelled, willingly, to a love of solitude. I feel this comment I’m typing right now is, or is among, my last engagement with the outside world. I have been to masjid, I have been to baptism, I have been Buddha and I make no separation between prophets. I cannot return after such a journey to the noise and ignorance of the dunya.

Rasulallah instructed us all to stay home. If we cannot, then there are rules of giving and returning salah to follow and nowhere to I see anyone doing this. I cannot enter the world of “How are ya? how are ya? how are ya?” anymore.

Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

1 Like