What's with all the questions and no reading?

I see over and over the Umma constantly asking scholars and social media questions about Haram and Halal, should and shouldn’t. It’s ubiquitous and very strange to me.

If people have these questions out fear of corrupting their deen, what keeps them from reading Quran for themselves? Who has trained the umma so deeply to ask others and yet not to read the words given to them? How is it not mentioned to them that constantly seeking answers about right and wrong is not a sincere concern when, if there is a genuine concern for ones relationship with Allah, Rasulallah and Quran have provided clearly worded guidance, easy to read and easy to understand?

The whole umma can’t be illiterate and lacking in books. Every mosque I’ve seen and the one I’ve been in was filled with Quran and Hadith in many languages, free and available for everyone to access.

Don’t worry, tho. I found Christianity to be even worse. Not only does no one read Scripture, they don’t even ask questions. They’re simply told and that’s that.

It is unfortunate when people do not know what they believe. I have met countless Muslims and false Christians who have no idea what they believe, they just blindly follow their leaders. This is the appeal to authority fallacy. I would say that you cannot dismiss a belief or religion or political opinion based on its followers, or rather so called followers who do not even believe what they say to believe, but rather you must search for the truth and rightly judge what is true by Allah’s guidance. You should not have the preconceived notion that what you were brought up believing is true. You must ask questions and test your beliefs that you may not be deceived and ignorantly walk into eternal fire.

1 Like

When I go to masjid and ask questions, they are shocked that I dare question anything. When I go to church, the pastor invites people to stop the whole service to ask a question, to challenge what is being said, to disagree and discuss together the truth of what is being said. Why is this?

1 Like

In the gospels, Isa repeatedly and consistently shows that every question posed to him is either an attempt to gain power over others or an insincere desire for salvation. Both unbelievers and faithful alike do this throughout all 4 gospels. It’s not until the epistles that we hear believers able to show true understanding.

I don’t remember the verse but Quran also says (and I paraphrase lol) “Do you not see they (unbelievers) lack the intelligence to understand?”.

Quran is so clear, it’s stunning that anyone has any questions.

the only question to ask isn’t even a question.

“Ya, Rubb! Increase my faith!”

I’m glad to hear that you visit both Masjid and Sanctuary for worship. Make no separation between Prophets!

Marshallah

Here it is!!

وَلَقَدْ مَكَّنَّٰهُمْ فِيمَآ إِن مَّكَّنَّٰكُمْ فِيهِ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ سَمْعًا وَأَبْصَٰرًا وَأَفْـِٔدَةً فَمَآ أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُمْ سَمْعُهُمْ وَلَآ أَبْصَٰرُهُمْ وَلَآ أَفْـِٔدَتُهُم مِّن شَىْءٍ إِذْ كَانُوا۟ يَجْحَدُونَ بِـَٔايَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ وَحَاقَ بِهِم مَّا كَانُوا۟ بِهِۦ يَسْتَهْزِءُونَ

And We had firmly established them in a (prosperity and) power which We have not given to you (ye Quraish!) and We had endowed them with (faculties of) hearing, seeing, heart and intellect: but of no profit to them were their (faculties of) hearing, sight, and heart and intellect, when they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah; and they were (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!

[Quran 46:26]

Oh and this one!

وَقَالُوا۟ لَوْ كُنَّا نَسْمَعُ أَوْ نَعْقِلُ مَا كُنَّا فِىٓ أَصْحَٰبِ ٱلسَّعِيرِ

They will further say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!”

[Quran 67:10]

And today it’s so much easier. Like this site we’re on right now, we can search the words and have access to many translations and comments. There’s just no excuse anymore. At all.