Why Allah is the only One worthy of worship

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I pray that all are well in shaa Allah

This is a reminder of why Allah is the only One worthy of worship and all things related, (ie why it’s important to read and implement The Qu’ran and hadith in our lives as part of that worship).

Firstly, to answer this, we must ask ourselves the following questions:

Who created us, and every existence?
Who do we and all creations call upon when we have any troubles?
Who answers our prayers?
Who can only answer our prayers?

The answer to all of these questions is obviously Allah.

So why wouldn’t we worship Him alone? He is the All-Seeing, All-Knowing, All-Hearing. He alone has the ability to answer our prayers and get us out of trouble. He alone bestows His Mercy (rahma) upon us and a thing can only happen with His permission alone. And He alone is the Creator of everything

When one plans a thing; does your plan always go smoothly? No, of course not, this is because Allah’s plans alone are successful. If He plans a thing to happen it will not fail in the least and if He plans for a thing not to happen it will not happen in the least, even if His creations attempted a thousand times with a thousand helpers, it still would not happen. This also proves that ALL powers belong to Allah. It doesn’t matter however many helpers we have, Allah is more powerful than ANYTHING in the heavens, earth, seas, above and below, and any existence at all for that matter

Our plan will only be successful if Allah’s plan matches our plan for that thing (ie we both intend for that thing to be a success). So, in reality, it only occurred because Allah planned for it to. If He hadn’t planned for it to occur (even if we did) it wouldn’t happen, ma’shaa’Allah

When one calls upon other than Allah, audhu billahi, do the idolators prayers get answered? NO! Never! Even if they were to have a palace full of riches. Do not be deceived as that is only a part of the temporary dunya and the eternal akhirah is a lot better than this for the believers when Jannah is achieved, ma’shaa’Allah

When these idolators fall into trouble, Who do they call upon? Allah! Because they find that no other than Him can take away their despair. He then answers their prayers and takes away their difficulties and blesses them with His rahma, then they forget Who they just called upon and ungratefully turn away from Him, going back to their idolating ways

Only Allah answers prayers. The idols cannot even hear those who worship them. Allah sees everything though and knows everything and we will be held accountable for our every action, good and bad, ma’shaa’Allah

Allah talks about these things in The Qu’ran and it’s also mentioned in the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) which we must implement in our lives as a part of our worship towards Allah.

Here’s some references from The Qu’ran and Sunnah, but there’s probably more, too:

Az-Zukhruf 43:64 “Surely Allah is Your Lord and my Lord, so worship Him. This is the Straight Path.”

Al-'Ankabut 29:17 You worship besides Allah nothing but idols, simply creating lies. Those you worship besides Allah certainly cannot give you any provision. So seek provision from Allah, worship Him, and be grateful to Him. To Him you will be returned.

Taha 20:14 It is truly I. I am Allah! There is no God except Me. So worship Me, and establish prayer for My remembrance.

Al-An’am 6:102 That is Allah — your Lord! There is no god except Him. [He is] the Creator of all things, so worship Him. And He is the Maintainer of everything.

Ali 'Imran 3:79 It is not appropriate for someone who Allah has blessed with the Scripture, wisdom, and prophethood to say to people, “Worship me instead of Allah.” Rather, he would say, “Be devoted to the worship of your Lord” --in accordance with what these prophets read in the Scripture and what they taught.

Al-Fatihah 1:5 You we worship and You we ask for help.

An Najm 53:62 Instead, prostrate to Allah and worship!

Nuh 71:3 worship Allah, fear Him, and obey me.

Sahih Al Bukhari 4114 Book 64 Hadith 158 Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Apostle used to say, "None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone honored His Warriors and made His Slave victorious, and He defeated the clans; so there is nothing after Him. Other hadiths also say similar

From the above we learn that: Only Allah should be worshipped. That’s the straight path, He alone can provide provision so ask of it from Him alone. By worshipping other than Him; you are creating a lie. They cannot provide sustenance/provision and to Allah we shall be returned. So be grateful to Him.

Only Allah answers prayers. He, alone, is God. So worship Him alone. And remember Him.

He alone is the Creator of all things and the Maintainer of everything

To not order the worship of other than Allah and to encourage the devotion of worship towards Allah alone in accordance to what the Prophets read in the Scripture and what they taught (ie obedience of The Qu’ran and Sunnah)

To give due fear and worship to Allah alone and to obey the Prophet (s.a.w)

May Allah accept our efforts, forgive our sins and grant us Jannatul Firdous. Ameen :palms_up_together:t3:

Please feel free to comment below and share this article so others also benefit from this, even those not on here, in shaa Allah

Salaam